National Weather Service Alerts Do You Have A Weather/hazard Alert Radio?

Do you have a weather/hazard alert radio? - national weather service alerts

The tornadoes caused widespread damage, injuries and death last night in several communities in the United States. On Sat, 4 January, a dam at 4.00 and flooded a small city in Nevada. If a similar emergency in your community in their sleep, how do you know? Do you have a / Hazard Weather Radio?
The U.S. National Weather Service issues warnings and alarms available devices. I wonder how other countries advise their citizens too.
We have our warning radio since 1998, when 43 people were killed by tornadoes that went through just before 2.00 Clock

11 comments:

deb2rule said...

Yes, we have one and it really works. He was a wanted, because my husband and I are on the CERT team. CERT stands for Community Response Team EMERGENCY.
The alarm, which we receive, although it is a storm in the next town and if in our region.

deb2rule said...

Yes, we have one and it really works. He was a wanted, because my husband and I are on the CERT team. CERT stands for Community Response Team EMERGENCY.
The alarm, which we receive, although it is a storm in the next town and if in our region.

noonecan... said...

Yes I do. I had been warned several times a summer thunderstorm. The only time he goes in winter is tested weekly.

Gladys said...

I, however, I must confess that I, that in the months that routinely use bad weather. I know I have to leave all the time, especially given rising Strange Weather in the low season, which lasted over the last two days. Thanks for the memory of Sandwich, I'm going to do.

Snuffy said...

Yep, very useful device.

Riverrat said...

Yes. What is it for me, I remembered that separated in October, when he had done some renovation. Thanks for the reminder. It makes you wake up, when warnings are issued.

alcaholi... said...

Now I have a weather alert radio, is so windy that the roof would blow my can I live

Super Mimi said...

No, I have no time / radio warning signs. I will try to find if my multi-band radio signals on the frequency 162.400 MHz-162, 550MHz receive. But you have set a very good question! Specifically for the Midwest. We have the Weather Channel cable TV. I know that the moment of danger for the radio. Thank you!

mister ed said...

No, not exactly a turn at buying a - only one of the things that we long ago made us moving over - and we have a very good early warning system, in which the fire department to see!

Ya Ya Vegas said...

No, no. 4 tornado a few miles from the road yesterday! No global warming here, eh? It's the middle of winter, and we have tornadoes, over several years.
Thanks for the info.

Strange Brew said...

Yes

Post a Comment